Thursday, March 24, 2011

Make-up bag cake


This has been my project for the last week.  I have seen so many ideas on make-up bag cakes and they look so sweet I wanted to make one too.  I was also inspired by the make-up bag cake in Debbie Brown's 50 Easy Party Cakes book.

It was a lot of fun making the lipstick, nail varnish and the other make-up pieces out of fondant and very easy to do!  The bag was made with a dummy cake as I wanted to keep this project but if you made it with a real cake then just cut off about one-third of a round cake to get the same shape.

I had lots of fun making this project and I hope it inspires you to try it too.  If you have made a make-up cake, or are wanting to try it out, I would love to hear from you!

Happy decorating! :)
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment