Thursday, February 10, 2011

A bunch of roses and a teddy bear...


For Valentine's day this year, how about giving someone you love a bunch of roses and a teddy bear...on a cake!  What could be more perfect than getting the gift and eating it too! 
It's a simple and easy cake design to do as well and it was inspired by a post on CakeJournal (thank you Louise!).  I used ribbon roses to decorate the top of the cake.  You can find my tutorial here on how to make them.  I made a bow out of fondant and stuck it to the front of the cake.  I will come up with a tutorial soon on how to make that.  As for the teddy bear, you can learn how to make him here.


Or you can leave out the teddy and still have a very elegant looking cake like so:


Happy decorating! :)

7 comments:

  1. I love your teddy bear! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours on your cake. And your bear is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bow and roses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. teddy cute , battle with the roses- novice - need to practise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made a version, based on yours (which is beautiful!). My first ever cake. Thank you for the inspiration, I've had loads of compliments.

    ReplyDelete